Are you looking for the best ways to experience Marrakech? My list of Marrakech top things to do and see provides you with different ways to discover this ‘Red City.’
Marrakech Top Things To Do and See to Experience Moroccan Culture
Learn about the Berber and Islamic cultures, Moroccan Food, the land, and more through my list of excursions and activities.
- Go on a desert Camp in the Sahara. if you have 3 full days and 2 nights to spare, you can camp out in the middle of the dessert in traditional Berber style tents, watch the sunset over the largest dunes, eat and drink traditional Berber food, ride a camel, and so much more.
- Go on a guided Marrakech food tour.
- Try a Moroccan cooking class, offered at many riads and hotels in Marrakech. Classes can be private or public, for both small and large groups. Check back for more information on this.
- Take a tour of the Marrakech souk and famous sights. The medina is home to the most famous sights, sounds, and tastes of Marrakech. If you plan right, you can easily visit all these top sights in 2 days.
- Jemaa el-Fnaa: a famous square with it’s own food market, acrobats, snake charmers, fortune tellers, henna artists, and more. Jemaa el-fnaa doesn’t really come alive until 6:00 PM, when the sun starts to set, and the temperatures start to cool down.
- Marrakech Souk (outdoor covered market)
- Ben Youssef Mosque
- Jardin Majorelle
- Palais de la Bahia
- Marrakech Museum
- Saadian Tombs
- Le Jardin Secret
- Koutoubia Mosque (note: If you are not Muslim, you are not allowed into the Mosque)
- Almoravid Koubba
Marrakech Top Things To Do and See to Experience Moroccan Relaxation
The following, is a list of top things to do for people who want to relax, soak in the sun, enjoy the spa, or cannon ball in to the pool:
- Hammam at one of the many luxury spas
- Yoga retreat at a luxury desert camp
- Relax pool side
- Play a round of golf
- Hot air balloon over Marrakech