Plan your experiences in Barcelona, deep with history and rich with both catalan culture and food. This list of top Barcelona things to see and do will help you plan your vacation to Spain.
Barcelona Things To See and Do to Experience Spanish History:
As I previously mentioned Barcelona has a deep history; from Roman remains to well maintained medieval streets.
- Gothic Quarter or Barri Gòtic, is a labyrinth of narrow medieval streets filled with shops, bars and restaurants serving up Catalan food. Take advantage of the many guided tours of Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter.
- Basilica de los santos Justo y Pastor is a Roman Catholic basilica right in the center of Barcelona’s Gothic Quarter. Spain and the Spanish people are well known to be super religious and dedicated Catholics. Step into history, attend a service or visit this ancient small Basilica.
- The Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar is one of the most important churches in Barcelona. Built in the 14th century, the Basilica of Santa Maria del Mar is a magnificent gothic cathedral that plays a role to one of the first Christian communities that settled the region.
- Arc de Triomf or Arco de Triunfo in Spanish, is located in the Parc de la Ciutadella and is an icon for Barcelona. Built in 1888, the Arco de Triunfo is a triumphal arch in the city of Barcelona in Catalonia, Spain. It was used as the main access gate for the 1888 Barcelona World Fair.
- Montjuïc Cable Car
- Montjuïc Castle If you go to Montjuïc on a sunny day bring sunglasses
- Magic Fountain of Montjuïc
Barcelona Things To See and Do to Experience Spanish Sports:
Barcelona Things To See and Do to Experience Catalan Culture:
Ask locals about a good tapas restaurant. Trying to choose a tapas place is like trying to find a needle in a haystack